Food is something that brings people together no matter where in the world you’re from or what culture you belong to. Being able to cook your own food is a great life skill to have and it comes in handy when you want to prepare meals for yourself or others. One of the secrets to cooking delicious meals is using the right spices. It may also interest you to know that certain spices have immense health benefits too.
Albion’s Restaurant also known as one of London’s leading restaurants offering tasty and affordable cuisine, is sharing five spices to add to any dish.
- Cayenne pepper – this spice is becoming increasingly popular for several reasons. It could be because a single tablespoon of cayenne pepper contains fibre, protein, vitamins, potassium, and so much more. For the most part, it’s a moderate hot chilli pepper that you can use in tacos, soups, or pasta bakes.
- Paprika – if you want a spice that has a sweet and hot variation, paprika is certainly one of them. It is made from dried red fruits of the larger and sweeter varieties of red peppers. Paprika can be used to garnish deviled eggs or added to a seafood dish.
- Thyme – a spice everyone should have inside of their cupboard is thyme. This fragrant herb is perfect for seasoning meats, poultry, vegetables and almost anything else. It is also beneficial to your respiratory, heart and digestive health.
- Garlic – if there is any spice that is featured in multiple savoury dishes, it is likely to be garlic. Eating this spice regularly can help with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Although popularly known to be used in pasta dishes, you can also use garlic spice in salads, as a garnishing on chicken, as well as on breadsticks.
- Turmeric – This yellow spice is a good source of curcumin which happens to be an antioxidant that eases inflammation. Aside from it being great health it brings warm flavours to any curry or stew. It is also great for adding a colour pop to rice dishes.